10 Things to do in Mallorca
Mallorca is an ideal destination for all types of travelers, as it offers different activities in an unique environment and with a warm climate that will help make your stay unforgettable. If you are thinking of visiting this destination, we invite you to discover our holiday apartments in Majorca: Samaritana Suites.
Staying at Samaritana Suites
Among secret alleys, whispers of stories and Mediterranean experiences of cafes where time seems to have stopped, our apartments are found with the best suites in Mallorca, designed as jewels conceived to experience the city in an environment that seems created for a movie scene.From here, you can get to know the art of Mediterranean life as an inhabitant of the city, staying in Samaritana Suites
Do you want to know what to do in Mallorca?
Although the list of things to do in Mallorca can be very long, below we highlight the places that you cannot miss.
Beaches and coves that you must visit:
- Caló des Moro. A small cove that is located in the south of the island and has the most crystalline waters.
- Es Trenc and Ses Covetes. Virgin beaches that share a sandbank of about 200 m in length, ideally located between Sa Ràpita and Es Trenc.
- Cala Varques. One of the most natural coves on the island, which is approximately 70 m long. It is located in Manacor, in the southeast of the island.
- Portals Vells cove. It is located on a sandy area where there are 2 more beaches: Playa del Mago and Playa del Rey, which are surrounded by a leafy pine forest that is created between caves and cliffs.
Here is where you’ll find the best sunsets
- Sa Foradada. Where you can see the most beautiful sunsets all year round. This place is located in the municipality of Deià and its name is attributed to the large rock that protrudes from the interior of the sea.
- Cap Formentor. A place known for its vertiginous cliffs located just 10 km from Port of Pollença and where you will find a beautiful lighthouse.
- Es Colomer viewpoint. It is about 200 m high and is a must if you want to see impressive sunsets with reddish tones in the sea.
- Talaia d’Albercutx. A watchtower that dates back to 1500 and that is well worth walking to find unique corners to enjoy the sunset.
- Wall beach. Here you will appreciate the best sunsets in Mallorca while enjoying a transparent and crystalline beach.
The most beautiful villages on the island
- Valldemossa. Town of about 2000 inhabitants located more than 400 meters above sea level, in the Tramuntana Mountain Range.
- Soller and Port de Soller. It is located 30 km from the capital and has a historic railway that opened in 1912 that we advise you to visit.
- Deiá, the most beautiful town in Mallorca. It has only 700 inhabitants and is located 400 meters above sea level, in the Tramuntana Mountain Range.
Hiking and archaeological sites
One of the most recommended routes is the walk that reaches the ruins of Castell d’Alaró, 822 meters above sea level. Another beautiful excursion, but also the most difficult, is the Torrent de Pareis canyon. As for archaeological sites, we find the Roman City of Pollença, Capocorb Vell and the Son Fornés site.
Palma Cathedral has been declared a historical and artistic monument and is one of the most emblematic architectural ensembles on the entire island
Royal Palace of the Almudaina
The Palace of the Almudaina is one of the most remarkable Muslim remains that help to know the past of the island.
The Bellver Castle is one of the most beautiful and emblematic castles in Spain. Built in the 14th century, in the Gothic style.
Caves of Drach and Caves of Artá
The Caves of Drach are 1,700 meters long and have six lakes inside, one of them being the largest underground lake in Europe. The Caves of Artá are the second most beautiful and include a light show.
Cap Formentor is one of the most beautiful places on the island due to its cliffs and sunsets and its visit is essential.
Mondragó Natural Park
The Mondragó Natural Park is a protected area that offers us the most diverse forests in its interior and a spectacular indented coastline.
Now that you know everything you can do in Mallorca, don’t think twice and visit us. We are waiting for you at Samaritana Suites!